What Are The Different Types Of Phishing?
These different types of phishing are part of a greater social engineering scheme. Social engineering is a savvy way to trick people into giving up access, details and information that they know they should keep secure and private.
Phishing happens when an unsuspecting victim responds to fraudulent requests that demand action. This action can include downloading an attachment, clicking a link, filling out a form, updating a password, calling a phone number or using a new wi-fi hot spot. A crucial aspect of successful security awareness training is in educating people about how easy it is to be tricked into giving up confidential information.
How to Prevent Phishing
1. Educate your employees about phishing. Take advantage of phishing simulation tools to educate and identify phishing risk.
2. Use proven security awareness training and phishing simulation platforms to keep phishing and social engineering risks top-of-mind for employees. Create internal cyber security heroes who are committed to keeping your organization cyber secure.
3. Remind your security leaders and cyber security heroes to regularly monitor employee phishing awareness with phishing simulation tools. Take advantage of phishing microlearning modules to educate, train, and change behavior.
4. Provide ongoing communication and campaigns about cyber security and phishing. This includes establishing strong password policies and reminding employees about the risks that can come in the format of attachments, emails and URLs.
5. Establish network access rules that limit the use of personal devices and the sharing of information outside of your corporate network.
6. Ensure that all applications, operating systems, network tools, and internal software are up-to-date and secure. Install malware protection and anti-spam software.
7. Incorporate cyber security awareness campaigns, training, support and education into your corporate culture.
What Is A Phishing Simulation?
Phishing simulation is the best way to raise awareness of phishing risks and to identify which employees are at risk for phishing.
Phishing simulation allows you to incorporate cyber security awareness into your organization in an interactive and informative format.
Real-time phishing simulations are a fast and effective way to educate people and increase alertness levels to phishing attacks. People see first-hand how CEO fraud, emails, fake websites, malware and spear phishing are used to steal personal and corporate information.
What are the Top 10 Benefits of Phishing Simulation?
Phishing simulation gives your organization these top 10 benefits:
1. Measure the degrees of corporate and employee vulnerability
2. Eliminate the cyber threat risk level
3. Increase user alertness to phishing risk
4. Instill a cyber security culture and create cyber security heroes
5. Change behavior to eliminate the automatic trust response
1. Deploy targeted anti-phishing solutions
2. Protect valuable corporate and personal data
3. Meet industry compliance obligations
4. Assess the impacts of cyber security awareness training
5. Segment phishing simulation
To learn more about phishing simulations and how to keep your organization cyber secure, take advantage of these free resources:
Contact us at 1-866-889-5806 or at [email protected] to learn more about phishing simulations.
Terranova Security is committed to delivering people-centric training that makes your organization cyber security aware.